Welcome to Dunluce
Dunluce is a cattle and sheep station located west of Hughenden, North Queensland.
The original Dunluce block was selected by James Stewart-Moore in 1906 and has been in the family ever since. It was primarily sheep until the 1950’s when James’s son John Stewart-Moore, who was one of the foundation members of the Droughtmaster breed, introduced these cattle onto Dunluce. Since then a balance of sheep and cattle has been maintained.
Dunluce now comprises 4 blocks…these being Telemon, Annandale, Sylvania and Dunluce, making a total of 47000 ha.
The country consists of mainly undulating Mitchell Grass downs, with the northern end being more timbered as it runs onto the Flinders River. This mix is conducive to breeding and fattening, and there is the added advantage of being close to the northern export markets, having the Flinders Highway so close.
The business is run as a partnership by Ninian & Ann Stewart-Moore and when their two 2 children, Jack & Kate are home, they also form an integral part of the team.